It's not rocket science…
(but it's close enough)
I am an astrophysicist, interested in galaxies and the rest of the Universe.
I'm particularly curious about the early Universe, how galaxies formed, and which physical properties governed the galaxies at that time. Why? Because galaxies are the magnificent and beautiful building blocks of our Universe. Understanding these guys helps us comprehending the cosmos around us and our place in it.
You can read more about my research here
Research is only part of my job, though; I also communicate our science to the public and the press, arrange astro-workshops, maintain DAWN's website, etc.
All pages on this site are available in Danish by clicking the flag in the top.
Click here, if you're a(n)
and just want to see the pages relevant to you.
Or scroll down for more action.
Cosmic Dawn Center
Niels Bohr Institute
University of Copenhagen
& DTU Space
A carousel of my most recent activities.
Pretty images I took while observing in Chile, La Palma, and other places.
As described in the research section, most of my work has been devoted to Lyman α radiative transfer in galaxies and the intergalactic medium.See full list of publications
(also for astronomers, actually)
- Are you a non-astronomer and want to read a bit about astronomy? See my encyclopedia for non-astronomers.
- Or do you have a question about astrophysics? Ask it at my Q&A column.
coderand just want to hack away? Check out the codes I've published on my GitHub repository.
So you are an astronomer or some other sort of researcher, and don't want to make the same stupid mistakes as I did?
Have a look at my 100+ notes on everything from galaxies and extinction laws, to Python cheat sheets and LaTeX tips, and what not.
There's even some non-science stuff like guitar chords and food recipes.
- Not interested in astronomy at all? No offense taken — why not just sit back then and listen to my band Ampel on Spotify or Bandcamp.
- No way?! You like both music and astronomy? Will you marry me? While you think about it, listen to my astrosong playlist (or check out my other Spotify playlists).
- Ha ha listen so when I said "Will you marry me?" I was only kidding because I'm married to this hot mama.